Welcome to this week’s Strawberry Spotlight!
The strawberry wasn’t really cultivated until the 18th century, and only the wealth enjoyed this “luxury” item until the mid 19th century. The railroad systems actually helped make the strawberry more popular because it would hold up long enough to be shipped to different locations.
What’s great about strawberries? Besides strawberry shortcake..
- Helps burn stored fat with the anthocyanins in it
- Boosts short-term memory with the anthocyanins in it
- Low in Calories – High in Fiber – One cup contains only 54 calories
- Eases Inflammation – Strawberries lower blood levels of C-reactive protein (CRP), a signal of inflammation in the body
- Lowers cardiovascular disease with the flavonoids in it
- Promotes bone health with the potassium, vitamin K and magnesium in it
Stop by Saturday to see our strawberry recipe!